Lot 56George J. Stengel
Whitehead, Monhegan, circa 1927
Inscribed with the artist's name and title on the stretcher
Oil on canvas
24 1/4 x 30 1/8 inches
Grace V. Stengel, the artist's widow
By gift to the current owner, 1944
C Property of a Mid-Atlantic Museum to Benefit the Acquisitions Fund
1. Remove grime layer and pencil marks from painting with Ammonium Citrate 2.5% in water.
2. Consolidate areas of flaking paint with BEVA D-8
3. Fill areas of loss with Modostuc filler.
4. Apply new varnish of BEVA varnish (Regalrez resin with U V stabilizer).
5. Retouch as necessary with resin colors (Maimeri).
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact. Doyle New York shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that the lot is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections or the effects of aging.