Lot 41[BAYARD'S FARM]
SMITH, GEORGE. Map of Bayards East Farm copied from an original map in the possession of James Roosevelt Esqr by R. Graves City Surveyor 1812 taken from that copy March 1821 by Geo. B. Smith. Manuscript map in ink and colors on joined sheets, with a later notation by Smith indicating that the red lines, figures and letters on the map were added by him and Edwin Smith through 1845. The map is backed. 24 x 38 inches (61 x 97 cm). Losses, wear, splits, stains, tears, later markings within the image.
Map showing the area from Broadway to Bowery bounded by Bayard and Prince Streets. These streets were laid-out about 1800. Rhynders Street is now Centre Street and a section of short of Orange Street, here indicated by the later name Marion Street, was renamed Cleveland Place in 1907.
C Collection of a New York Surveyor
Sold for $2,835
Any condition statement is given as a courtesy to a client, is an opinion and should not be treated as a statement of fact and Doyle New York shall have no responsibility for any error or omission. Please contact the specialist department to request further information or additional images that may be available.